Join the Autism Community!

Forgot Your Password?

A new password will be created
and sent to your e-mail address.

Tuesday 29 Jul 2014

Social Stories for Adults needed

HomeForumsQuestions from ParentsSocial Stories for Adults needed

This topic has 3 voices, contains 6 replies, and was last updated by Avatar of courtni laughlin courtni laughlin 602 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
April 25, 2012 at 1:03 am #7281
Ann O'Keeffe

I am looking for Social Stories relevant to living alone { adult} with assisted living. I have lots appropriate for school age but don’t know where to look for some that would help teach an adult how to be safe and interact appropriately in the community.

May 2, 2012 at 10:28 pm #7319
Admin

Hi Ann,

Here is a suggestion from another community member:

Social Skills Picture Book for High School and Beyond. All of Ted Baker’s books are appropriate for teens and adults.”

May 25, 2012 at 2:18 am #7420
Ann O'Keeffe

Thank you so much- I am having a difficult time finding any support or resources for adults with autism or other disabilities – it is as if the world stopped caring about them once they became adults. I will look into the book. In the meantime I have done quite a bit for her- created a step by step toothbrushing chart and check off chart, calendar with pecs to show the activities she might want to do { staff help her with deciding her weeks activities and she places them on calendar} and more recently wrote some stories to address other social situation activities. If anyone is interested in them I am more then happy to share them- Abby- thank you so much for your suggestion.

December 4, 2012 at 3:01 am #7842
courtni laughlin

Ann, I am starting a non-profit organization for adults with special needs and would love to see any activities that you have created. I am also having a difficult time finding resources for adults. Thank you !

- Courtni

December 4, 2012 at 4:31 am #7843
Ann O'Keeffe

Hi Courtni- I would love to share what I have created – Is there anything in particular you are looking for? If you are on Facebook and friend me- some of the activities I have created are posted in my photo albums. I also have quite a few social stories at school that could possibly work for adults depending on what help is needed. Make a list of wishes and I will see what I have to share :) I am always creating for my school kids so may have stuff there too that would work. :) ann

December 4, 2012 at 4:31 am #7844
Ann O'Keeffe

PS_ I am interested in hearing more about the organization you are starting.

December 4, 2012 at 5:15 am #7846
courtni laughlin

Ann,
Thanks for the quick reply! I have found several pages for Ann O’Keeffe – one in Alaska, one in Virginia (if you aren’t one of those maybe you could tell me what your profile picture looks like)

My e-mail is courtnilaughlin@yahoo.com – I’d love to share more about my non-profit venture : ) look forward to hearing from you !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.